I have been using social networks a lot lately to keep up with stuff. A fun exercise started a few days ago when Geoff Livingston used a new question feature on Facebook to ask his network to help him compile a list of recommended books to offer as additional reading on social media for his upcoming book, "Now is Gone."
Here is the the list of 25+ must-read social media, marketing and PR books. This list was compiled by Chris Abraham, Toby Bloomberg, Eric Eggertson, Susan Getgood, Kami Huyse, Ike Pigott and Geoff Livingston.
In addition to listing the authors alphabetically by name, we've linked their blogs or home pages (you can get their books via Amazon, bn.com or any other preferred book seller). Thus, they are designated Great Blogs of Fire, too (fulfilling my weekly round-up column). By all means, comment and add to the list.
- Chris Anderson, The Long Tail
- Rebecca Blood, The Weblog Handbook
- Todd Defren, PR 2.0 Essentials (e-book)
- Susannah Gardner, Buzz Marketing with Blogs for Dummies
- James Gleick, Faster
- Rok Hrastnik, Unleash the Marketing & Publishing Power of RSS
- Hugh Hewett, Blog: Understanding the Information Reformation That's Changing Your World
- Joeseph Jaffe, Life After the Thirty Second Spot
- Avinash Kaushik, Web Analytics: An Hour a Day
- Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner, Freakonomics
- Weinberger, the Cluetrain Manifesto
- Christopher Locke (linked above), Gonzo Marketing
- Mike Moran, Search Engine Marketing
- Katie Paine, Measuring Success (free e-Book)
- David Meerman Scott, The New Rules of Marketing & PR
- Aliza Sherman, The Everything Blogging Book
- Biz Stone, Blogging: Genius Strategies For Instant Web Content
- Todd Stauffer, Blog On: Building Online Communities With Web Logs
- Bob Walsh, Clear Blogging
- Andy Wibbles, Blogwild
- Don Tapscott and Anthony Williams, Wikinomics
- Debbie Weil, The Corporate Blogging Book
- Ian H. Witten, Marco Gori, and Teresa Numerico, Web Dragons: Inside the Myths of Search Engine Technology
- Jeremy Wright, Blog Marketing
- Jon Yang, The Rough Guide to Blogging
Do you have any to add to the list?