Thursday, April 06, 2006

New Beginnings

There are times when you might think to yourself, "How did I get here?". Especially if you are a non-traditional college student wanting to start anew. I say this because I am one of those individuals. I began my college years at the age of 36. I am a junior at the University of Texas at San Antonio, working on a double B.A. in Communication, with my concentrations being Public Relations and Technical Communication.

I chose those two conentrations because I have a passion for writing and I have a passion for seeing others succeed. With my degrees I will be able to do both, while allowing myself grow both personally and professionally.

The reason for today's blog is that it begins my personal and professional journey into the world of PR. When I was asked by Kami Huyse, APR to join this blog with a student's perspective from the only chapter of the PRSSA, I gladly accepted. This is the beginning of a journey that is going to be extremely educational and beneficial as I enter the Public Relations field.

I look forward to contributing, as well as hearing feedback from the professionals willing to teach me and help me grow into a long and exciting career.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, Gregory! It's an interesting place -you'll see :)

Kami Huyse said...

Hey Greg;

I am so glad you are blogging for PRSA San Antonio, we have a great blog team and you will fill it out nicely with your student perspective.

Thanks!

Christie Goodman, APR said...

Welcome to the team!