Monday, May 01, 2006

Alamo City Hosts Blogger Meetup Today


Today is the day that bloggers and blog readers in the Alamo City kick off Hugh McLeod's marketing disruption experiment for the Stormhoek wine launch in the U.S. As I mentioned in a post last week at Communication Overtones, they used this strategy for a successful launch of the wine in the UK.

I received a box late last week from Stormhoek and it is full of interesting stuff. As a communications professional I was VERY interested, to say the least, to see how it would be presented and it is pretty cool.

There are signed and numbered prints of a cartoon by Hugh (included in this post) to commemorate the event for the guests, a print that we all will sign to adorn the winery, three bottles of wine (which are still in the Styrofoam sleeves) and some cool "Wine Blogging as Marketing Disruption" booklets that describe the wine and a little about using the blogosphere as a marketing device.

The only other thing I would have included was disposable wine glasses. In fact, I, or someone I appoint, will bring them since I think it would be uncool to have a wine tasting in the giant red disposable plastic cups that I have on hand, or in whatever disposable cups they have at Central Market, where we will meet.

So far, I have 11 RSVPs and one reporter from the Express News who is working on a story about blogging, bloggers and readers of blogs will be there.

San Antonio Geek Lunch
12 noon to 1:30 p.m.
Central Market (directions)
San Antonio, TX
Community Room, second floor and to the left

Technorati : , , , ,

No comments: