Lesson Two Review – Learning About Social Media from Your Desk
This ends our second lesson on Learning About Social Media from Your Desk. Below is a review of this lesson, in case you are among those who just found out about this tutorial.
Again, I urge you to leave a comment and tell about what you tried, questions you had or still have, or what you learned. It’ll help others.
1. Lesson Two: Get Acquainted with the Blogs (Wednesday, February 07, 2007)
First assignment: Read some blogs. Leave a comment and let other readers know what blogs you like best.
2. Monitoring Blogs without Going Crazy (Sunday, February 18, 2007)
Assignment: Set up a free account with one of these services to monitor blogs.
3. First Reason for Monitoring Blogs for Public Relations – And a Word About Reporting (Sunday, February 25, 2007)
Assignment: Set up some RSS searches for your organization.
4. Second Reason for Monitoring Blogs for Public Relations (Sunday, March 04, 2007) Assignment: Test out some searches using terms related to your organization or a client. Compare the results you get from different search terms and different search services.
5. Third Reason for Monitoring Blogs for Public Relations (Thursday, March 08, 2007)
In this new world of social media, the number of blog posts is pretty trivial. It’s all about the conversation.
6. Resources for Learning about the Blogosphere for PR Folk (Thursday, March 29, 2007)